Monday, December 6, 2010

Baader-Meinhoff Complex

The movie Baader-Meinhoff Complex was very interesting to me. I did like this movie it had a lot of action and the plot was compelling. This movie was about a terrorist group back in the 60's that retells how the RAF (Red Army Faction) began. It was about the time of the German student movement and this group wanted to overthrow what they called a "Fascist State" The German students took appeal to this group becuase they were thinking and asking older generations if this state is still the same as before with WW2 and that it hasn't shed its nazi roots. This movie showed true events that had occured during this time. I found it very interesting to see events that I had learned being portrayed in this movie. Before this movie I did not know about the group called RAF. And it is interesting to me how a small group had big ideas and had turned violent with older generations of the RAF who wasn't even associated with the first generation of leaders, but they took on the name. All in all I found it enticing to watch, all with the exception of subtitles. But as far as that it gave the movie it's german appeal which in a way is beneficial for success of the movie being that it is part of the German history.

No comments:

Post a Comment